ՄԻՆՆԵԱՊՈԼԻՍՈՒՄ ԻՄՄԻԳՐԱՑԻՈՆ ՊԱՏԱՍԽԱՆԱՏՈՒՆ ՀԵՌԱՆՈՒՄ Է. ԹՐԱՄՓԸ ՈՐՈՇՈՒՄ Է ՀԱՆԳՈՒՑԱՅԻՆ ՓՈՓՈԽՈՒԹՅՈՒՆ՝ ՏՈՄ ՀՈՄԱՆԻՆ ՈՒՂԱՐԿԵԼՈՎ ՄԻՆՆԵԱՊՈԼԻՍ

Ահա հոդվածը թարգմանության համար: վերնագիր՝ [ Immigration chief departing Minneapolis as Trump sends border tsar Tom Homan to scene] Տեքստ` [ A top US immigration official is expected to leave the US city of Minneapolis in what may mark a shift in the White House's tone after the fatal shooting of a second US citizen by federal officers over the weekend. As Border Patrol Commander Gregory Bovino and some immigration agents depart, "border tsar" Tom Homan will begin leading on-the-ground efforts in the Minnesota city after the shooting of Alex Pretti on Saturday escalated tensions. The decision by President Donald Trump may indicate the administration's interest in walking back more aggressive federal action in his nationwide immigration crackdown. Despite the announcement, online tracking of immigration raids shows the administration's efforts have still continued. Bovino was the face of the operation when Pretti - an observer seen filming agents - got into a confrontation that led to him being shot numerous times on a street in Minneapolis. The border control commander inflamed the situation on the ground in the aftermath of the shooting, claiming that Pretti intended to "massacre" federal agents. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said the agents fired in self-defence after Pretti, who they say had a handgun, resisted their attempts to disarm him on Saturday. Eyewitnesses, local officials and the victim's family have challenged that account, pointing out Pretti had a phone in his hand, not a weapon. His parents, meanwhile, have accused the administration of spreading "sickening lies" about what happened. Before the shooting, Bovino was key to the Trump administration's hard-line approach to immigration enforcement in several cities, active on social media and regularly filming raids and posting promotional videos showing his agents' action. Homan, who will report directly to the president, advocates for Trump's aggressive immigration enforcement. But he also has experience in the role - Homan worked with immigration and deportations during Democrat Barack Obama's administration. In Minneapolis on Monday, tension and frustration over the presence of federal officials remained high, despite the news that Bovino and some agents would be leaving. "A lot of people aren't able to work right now, they aren't able to leave their house, they're afraid," said George Cordero, a resident of St Paul, Minneapolis', sister city. Pretti was the second Minneapolis resident shot and killed by federal immigration officials since their arrival in the state; Renee Nicole Good, was killed by an Immigration and Customs Border Enforcement (ICE) agent on 7 January. Much of the anger in the city and from politicians on both sides of the aisle was directed at Bovino and border patrol agents sent to Minneapolis along with ICE agents at Trump's directive. In total, there are more than 3,000 immigration agents in the city. Some media reports on Monday suggested Bo

vino had been let go from his role, but Homeland Security spokesperson Tricia McLaughlin refuted that, saying the border patrol chief "is a key part of the President's team and a great American". Carol Engelheart, a retired nurse from Minneapolis, said she has been deeply emotional about the events of the past few days. "We need to care about this country, we need to care that we have a Constitution left, and if the people organize and the people stand up, we can do this," she said, as she chided immigration enforcement actions in the city. Also on Monday, Trump spoke will both Minnesota Governor Tim Walz and Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey - democratic leaders who have resisted the immigration efforts and demanded agents be removed from the state. Trump has criticised both in recent weeks. Both Trump and the local leaders characterised the talks as positive and said they discussed a pathway forward - a sign that both sides were seeking a way to end their standoff over Trump's deportation drive. Trump said he and Walz are "on a similar wavelength" and said his target is "any and all criminals that they have in their possession". "The President agreed to look into reducing the number of federal agents in Minnesota and to talk to DHS about ensuring the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is able to conduct an independent investigation, as would ordinarily be the case," Walz said after the call. Ensuring an independent investigation into Pretti's death, has been a central focus for Walz. In its immediate aftermath, local authorities obtained a judicial warrant to gain access to the crime scene to preserve evidence. Local officials have condemned the federal government investigation and said they were not being allowed to access the crime scene and evidence following Pretti's death. That response was predicated on the aftermath of Good's shooting, when local and state authorities said they were being kept out of the investigation by federal immigration officials. Demonstrations against ICE action and memorials for Pretti - a 37-year-old ICU nurse who was killed over the weekend - continued on Monday. More vigils and demonstrations are planned for the coming days. On Tuesday, Frey said he plans to meet with Homan to "discuss next steps" offering the first in-person meeting of federal and local officials since Bonvino's departure was announced. ] ՄԻՆՆԵԱՊՈԼԻՍՈՒՄ ԻՄՄԻԳՐԱՑԻՈՆ ՊԱՏԱՍԽԱՆԱՏՈՒՆ ՀԵՌԱՆՈՒՄ Է. ԹՐԱՄՓԸ ՈՐՈՇՈՒՄ Է ՀԱՆԳՈՒՑԱՅԻՆ ՓՈՓՈԽՈՒԹՅՈՒՆ՝ ՏՈՄ ՀՈՄԱՆԻՆ ՈՒՂԱՐԿԵԼՈՎ ՄԻՆՆԵԱՊՈԼԻՍ ԱՄՆ-ի իմմիգրացիոն ծառայությունների բարձրաստիճան պաշտոնյա՝ Գրեգորի Բովինոն, սպասվում է, որ շուտով կհեռանա Միննեապոլիսից։ Այս քայլը կարող է վկայել Սպիտակ տան մոտեցման փոփոխության մասին՝ հանգուցալուծման նպատակով, հատկապես այն բանից հետո, երբ հանգստյան օրերին դաշնային գործակալների կողմից սպանվել է երկրորդ ամերիկացի քաղաքացին։ Բովինոյի և մի շարք իմմիգրացիոն գործակալների հեռանալու ֆոնին «սահմանային ցար» մականունով հայտնի Թոմ Հոմանը ստանձնելու է Միննեապոլիսում գործողությունների գլխավոր ղեկավարումը։ Այս որոշումը կայացրել է նախագահ Դոնալդ Թրամփը՝ հնարավոր է՝ մեղմելու իր երկրով մեկ ընթացող խիստ իմմիգրացիոն քաղաքականությունը։ Բովինոն առանձնապես աչքի էր ընկնում ագրեսիվ մոտեցմամբ։ Շաբաթ օրը սպանված Ալեքս Պրեթիի դեպքից հետո նա հայտարարել էր, թե զոհը «մտադիր էր կո

տորել» դաշնային գործակալներին։ Ըստ Homeland Security-ի՝ գործակալները կրակել են ինքնապաշտպանության համար, քանի որ Պրեթին իբր դիմադրել էր զինաթափմանը և ուներ ատրճանակ։ Սակայն ականատեսները, տեղական իշխանությունները և զոհի ընտանիքը հերքում են այդ վարկածը՝ նշելով, որ Պրեթիի ձեռքում հեռախոս էր, ոչ թե զենք։ Ընտանիքը մեղադրել է վարչակազմին «սարսափելի սուտ» տարածելու մեջ։ Պրեթին դարձել էր երկրորդ Միննեապոլիսի բնակիչը, ում սպանել են դաշնային իմմիգրացիոն գործակալները վերջին շաբաթների ընթացքում։ Հունվարի 7-ին նմանատիպ դեպքով սպանվել էր Ռենե Նիկոլ Գուդը։ Քաղաքում լարվածությունը մնում է բարձր։ Բնակիչները բողոքում են, որ չեն կարողանում աշխատել, դուրս գալ տնից, վախենում են։ Քաղաքի փողոցներում շարունակվում են ցույցերը և հիշատակի միջոցառումները՝ ի պատիվ 37-ամյա ICU բուժքրոջ Ալեքս Պրեթիի։ Երկուշաբթի Թրամփը հեռախոսազրույցներ է ունեցել Մինեսոտայի նահանգապետ Թիմ Ուոլզի և Միննեապոլիսի քաղաքապետ Ջեյքոբ Ֆրեյի հետ։ Երկու կողմերն էլ զրույցները բնութագրել են որպես դրական և հայտնել են, որ քննարկվել է առաջընթացի հնարավորություն։ Նախագահը խոստացել է քննարկել դաշնային գործակալների թվի կրճատումը Մինեսոտայում և ապահովել, որ նահանգի քրեական հետախուզության բյուրոն կարողանա անկախ հետաքննություն անցկացնել Պրեթիի մահվան դեպքով։ Նահանգապետ Ուոլզը հատկապես շեշտում է անկախ հետաքննության անհրաժեշտությունը։ Երեքշաբթի օրը քաղաքապետ Ֆրեյը հայտարարել է, որ մտադիր է անձամբ հանդիպել Թոմ Հոմանի հետ՝ քննարկելու հետագա քայլերը։ Սա կլինի առաջին անձնական հանդիպումը դաշնային և տեղական իշխանությունների միջև՝ Բովինոյի հեռանալու մասին լուրից հետո։ Թարգմանվել է ԱԲ-ի միջոցով։



ԼՐԱՀՈՍ

Զբոսաշրջություն